Hiram Award Presentation:
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. A Lodge member must have a minimum of ten years of continuous service as a Master Mason.
2. His regular attendance at tiled and non-tiled meetings and functions should be considered but not mandatory.
3. Service as an officer of the Lodge is not required but should be considered by the Lodge committee.
4. A member who has been suspended and then reinstated should be reviewed as to the circumstances of the suspension and all the factors taken into consideration.
5. A member who has distinguished himself in civic affairs but not active in Lodge could be considered. Three areas should be considered when recommending a member: Masonry, family, and civic.
6. Membership in higher Masonic bodies is not required, but such membership and activity could be considered as a secondary factor.
I appointed a Hiram Award Committee earlier this year and after consideration submitted our Secretary, David W. Barron to receive this award. I am pleased to say that Grand Master Sanders has approved and the presentation will take place on Wednesday evening, October 29th. I hope that many will attend as we recognize MW Brother Barron for his years of service.
Greg Hamilton, Worshipful Master